Rottweiler Life Span
How long do Rottweilers live?
"It's better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all"
- I know that statement is a cliche but I have to remind myself that it’s true.
Unfortunately, large breed dogs are not known to live as long as littler dogs, and the Rottweiler life span is no exception. There are varying opinions on how long Rottie’s live, and of course there are all kinds of variables.
Rottweilers typically live between 9 and 13 years
Help your dog live longer
What are some things you can do to help your Rottie have a long and healthy life?
- Feeding high quality dog food
- Making sure she gets plenty of exercise
- Keeping him slim and trim by regulating food intake based on exercise
- Regular check-ups at the vet
- Feeding supplements when necessary (see arthritis in dogs)
- Keep the table scraps to a minimum (especially processed and fast foods)
Unfortunately we lost our female Savannah when she was only 7 years old. A disc ruptured in her back and her spinal cord became the consistency of toothpaste, and she was paralyzed.
The fact that we had let her get too overweight was a big contributing factor. A very good reason to watch your Rottweiler’s weight
and help her to live a long and pain free life.
Our male Rottie Chevy had a horrible start in life - malnourished, abused, neglected, you name it. We rescued him when he was 15 months old, and I have been very diligent at keeping him slim, trim and healthy.
He is now going on 10 years old. . . If you are now dealing with an older dog or senior dog, then I suggest you visit this great site I found called My Old Dog
. It has some great information about keeping your older dog healthy, happy and comfortable.
Return to Rottweiler Health from Rottweiler Life Span
Return to Home Page from Rottweiler Life Span